As of September 2018, the Food Safety Modernization Act or FSMA requires ALL food processors, including small ones (less than 500 employees), to have a food safety plan that includes an analysis of hazards and risk-based preventive controls to minimize or prevent identified hazards. Having a proper food safety plan will also allow you to grow into national, regional, or local markets such as Walmart, Costco, Albertsons, Whole Foods or your local Co-op.
The IFSC course will give you the knowledge, templates, training, and coaching needed to create a Food Safety Plan that puts you in compliance with new regulations of the Food Safety Modernization Act. The creation of this content was funded by a grant, bringing at $10,000 value Idaho Food Safety Cooperative (IFSC) Program down to just $2900. The program includes:
- Food Safety Gap Assessment of your operation
- Attendance for one of our PCQI Human Food Courses (valued independently at $800)
- 26 Short Asynchronous, Self-Paced Training Courses
- Templates needed to create your FSMA Compliant Food Safety Plan
- Eight hours of 1-1 consulting to help you put the finishing touches on your Food Safety plan